Kawasaki Thermal Engineering Co., Ltd. (called “Company”) handles Personal Information and Anonymously Processed Information (collectively called "Personal Information, Etc." in this Policy) appropriately based on the recognition of the significance of protection of Personal Information, Etc. in accordance with the following policy:
1. Compliance with relevant laws and regulations, guidelines, etc.
The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan as well as the relevant laws and regulations, rules, and guidelines, etc. concerning the handling of Personal Information, Etc.
2. Control of Personal Information, Etc
The Company controls Personal Information, Etc. appointing a chief privacy officer who is responsible for the handling of Personal Information, Etc. at the Company in accordance with the internal regulations concerning the handling of Personal Information, Etc. In addition, it has taken actions in information systems to prevent any leakage, loss, or damage, etc. to Personal Information, Etc., while continuously maintaining and improving these security control actions.
3. Matters specific to each of the handling of Personal Information and that of Anonymously Processed Information
(1) Handling of Personal Information
(i) Name of the Personal Information Handling Business Operator
Kawasaki Thermal Engineering Co., Ltd.
(ii) Utilization purpose of Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information obtained by a proper means in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, etc. in the businesses operated by it (Note 1) within the scope necessary for the following purposes:
(a) Proposal, communication, meeting, execution, performance, and cancellation of agreement, implementation of questionnaire or other survey, market analysis, shipping or delivery of goods, greetings, visit, sending of publications, or holding of event related to customer or assignor for specific business (hereinafter collectively called "Customer") or provision of product or service for Customer;
(b) Inquiry, communication, meeting, execution, performance, and cancellation of agreement, receipt, payment, greetings, visit, sending of publication, or holding of event related to supplier, business partner, or assignee for specific business (hereinafter collectively called "Business Connection") or provision of product or service from Business Connection;
(c) Communication, distribution, notification, information on product or service, lot drawing, delivery of product, or use of market analysis related to campaign conducted by the Company or applicant for it, e-mail newsletter issued and e-mail released by the Company or subscriber of it, or questionnaire or other survey implemented by the Company or respondent to it;
(d) Guidance, communication, confirmation, or report related to visitor to office of the Company or event site, etc. involving the Company, or business providing reason of such visit;
(e) Response, communication, confirmation or report related to person who made inquiry at the Company, or inquiry, request, or complaint, etc. from such person;
(f) Report, communication, explanation, or grasp related to exercise of right or performance of obligation of shareholder or between shareholder and the Company;
(g) Communication, confirmation, execution of business, or report related to person involved in group which the Company belongs to or is associated with, or the business, measures, and event of such group, etc.;
(h) Report, communication, meeting, execution of business, exercise of right or performance of obligation, greetings, visit, sending of publication, or holding of event related to the Company's subsidiary or affiliated company or its business;
(i) Recruitment, acceptance of application, selection, communication, implementation of questionnaire or other survey, or handling as human resource information after employment related to person desiring to work for the Company or recruiting activity;
(j) Grasp or communication related to the Company's retired employee;
(k) Personnel allocation, personnel management, education and training activity, wage calculation, wage payment, welfare program, social insurance management, health and hygiene guidance, healthcare, safety measures, worker's accident compensation, information system operation, or business planning related to employee (including contract employee, dispatched employee, or part-time employee; this will apply hereinafter) or their job;
(l) Grasp related to or communication to family of employee;
(m) Procedure for various applications, application for permit and license, registration, or notification, etc. to the central and local governments, incorporated administrative agencies, etc. under laws and regulations;
(n) Performance of business entrusted by trustor to the Company pertaining to the Personal Information entrusted in such business; and
(o) Report, record, material preparation, or analysis within the Company related to the purposes stated in the above items from (a) to (n), and the matters associated with such purposes.
(Note 1) The "businesses operated by the Company" are as follows:
a. Design, manufacturering, installation, repair, maintenance, operation and inspection, sales and rental of package boilers, air conditoners, absorption heat pumps, and their parts.
b. Design, installation and management of civil engineering and architectual construction.
c. Design, installation and management of piping construction and electrical construction.
d. Design, installation and management of refuse disposal facilities.
e. Physicochemical measurement, investigation, inspection, and research, including material testing, non-destructive testing, and chemical analysis.
f. Sales of chemicals.
g. Any businesses related to any of the above.
(iii) Utilization purpose of Retained Personal Data
Same as in "(ii) Utilization purpose of Personal Information" shown above.
(iv) Third-party provision of Personal Data
The Company will not provide Personal Data to a third party without the prior consent of the Principal except in cases set forth in laws and regulations. It also does not provide Personal Data to a third party by the procedures as set forth in, Article 23(2) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
(v) Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may share Personal Information acquired by the Company with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or group companies as follows:
Personal information to be jointly used:
Name, company name, division, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address, etc.
Scope of joint use:
Kawasaki Heavy Industries and its group companies
For the information of the subsidiary and group companies, please see the following website:
Business purposes of joint use:
Please see the purposes described in (ii) above
Company who is responsible for the security of such information:
Kawasaki Thermal Engineering Co., Ltd.
(2) Handling of Anonymously Processed Information
When producing or providing to a third party any Anonymously Processed Information, the Company will disclose here the matters required in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
4. Regarding this Policy
This Policy is an English translation of the main part of the Japanese policy on the handling of Personal Information, Etc. of Kawasaki Thermal Engineering Co., Ltd. Where there is a difference between the two versions, the Japanese policy will govern. This policy is subject to change without notice. In that case, we will notify you on this website without delay.
* ”Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (“APPI”) is an act of Japan relating to protection of Personal Information.
* ”Personal Information” is information relating to a living individual and which is defined exactly in the Article 2(1) of the APPI.
* ”Personal Data” is Personal Information constituting the Personal Information Database Etc.
* A ”Personal Information Database Etc.” is a collective body of information comprising Personal Information and systematically organized so as to be able to search for particular Personal Information, and which is defined exactly in the Article 2(4) of the APPI.
* ”Retained Personal Data” is Personal Data which a Personal Information Handling Business Operator has the authority to disclose, correct, add or delete the contents of, cease the utilization of, erase, and cease the third-party provision of, and which is defined exactly in the Article 2(7) of the APPI.
* A ”Personal Information Handling Business Operator” is a person providing a Personal Information Database Etc. for use in business, and which is defined exactly in the Article 2(5) of the APPI.
* ”Anonymously Processed Information” is information relating to an individual that can be produced from processing Personal Information so as neither to be able to identify a specific individual nor to be able to restore the Personal Information, and which is defined exactly in the Article 2(9) of the APPI.
* A "Principal" in relation to Personal Information is a specific individual identifiable by Personal Information.