Simulation and OLP
Simulation and off-line programming tools reduce the time needed for robot programming at the site, helping to significantly cut start-up costs. Kawasaki offers two different tools that can help: KCONG and K-ROSET.
The first of these tools is KCONG, a high-end software package that is fully customizable and can be used for highly sophisticated automated robot teaching.
The other tool we offer is K-ROSET, an affordable software package that is both practical and easy-to-use.
- Easy operation KCONG makes it easy for users with no knowledge of robots to quickly create robot operation data on the 3D CAD screen.
- Seamless environment for all phases KCONG accepts 3D design data (CAD data) as is and automatically converts it into robot operation data (CAM data). This allows you to build a seamless environment for all phases, from design all the way through to production.
- Preliminary verification KCONG uses a robot simulator to simulate the in-field operations, making it easy for you to check for collision and adjust devices.
- High expandability You can freely expand the software system by adding optimum application packages specifically tailored to the different onsite needs and processes.
Virtual robot simulation technology / Accurate operation trajectory
K-ROSET makes full use of the virtual robot controller technology we have developed through our years of experience in the industry. This technology enables K-ROSET to operate in practically the same manner as a robot controller working on a real production .
Teaching programs are run on the virtual robot controller, thus it is capable of reproducing highly accurate operation trajectories and cycle-time.
Teaching programs created using K-ROSET are compatible with real machines, with no need for modification. The reverse is also true. In addition, K-ROSET makes it possible to correctly execute AS Language code on your computer, enabling you to
minimize the amount of time needed for making adjustments in the field.
Collision check and layout verification / Operation of multiple robots / Displaying processing trajectories
Using K-ROSET, you can perform a preliminary check on your computer to determine whether items of production equipment collide with each other during operation. You can also use K-ROSET to verify the layout in advance, enabling you to prevent production equipment from being damaged by collision.
Using K-ROSET, you can display the processing trajectories obtained when welding and painting instructions are executed. These are managed distinctively from the air-cutting trajectories.
- Enhanced robot system productivity K-ROSET lets you display and operate virtual teach pendants on your computer. This enables you to optimize the production system while training and teaching, without inhibiting actual production.
- Video creation K-ROSET can save data from the model drawing area as a video file while running programs. This data can then be used to prepare documents for presentations.
- Support for extended axis systems K-ROSET can freely customize the external axis controlled by the robot controller, and then simulate the customized axis.
- Importing CAD data K-ROSET supports data in STL format, and can accept data that is output in STL format by a CAD tool. There is also an option available for converting IGES data to STL format.
A password is required to browse this file.
If you would like to have a password, please contact K-ROSET support with your name and company name.